Feel like getting creative this Easter and want to try making your own chocolate gifts? Look no further than the recipe below.
Homemade gifts add a lovely personal touch and chances are your friends and children will remember them, more than just a regular run-of-the-mill egg or bunny they will get so many of. The great thing about this recipe is you can tailor it to each individual’s tastes by using different flavours and toppings. It will work out cheaper, and you can also control how much chocolate you use. If you are trying to watch your portions add more nuts/seeds/ dried fruit.
Makes 1 medium block
10 minutes preparation time, 1-2 hours setting time
- 170g dark chocolate
- 60g white chocolate
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Line and grease and loaf dish or cake tin (the size you use will determine the amount of chocolate you need.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler saucepan and spread over the loaf or baking dish.
- Next melt the white chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds. Use a fork to mix the melted chocolate, the drizzle or splatter it over the dark chocolate. It does not need to be even.
- Sprinkle the nuts, seeds and dried fruit over the chocolate, then transfer to the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Once set, remove the chocolate from the dish and break in to pieces to serve.
nb: You can use any type of chocolate or toppings you desire. Have fun creating your own flavours and surprising your family and friends.