So you’ve been training for the City2Surf and it’s literally just around the corner. You’ve thought of everything, (at least you think you have) but here are a few things you might not realise.
- If you’ve been sick or been suffering from a viral infection within the 14 days prior to City2Surf, think of your health and sit this one out. There’s always next year. Yes, if you’ve been training hard it will be disappointing, but this is not an easy course. We would rather you put your health first, than risk collapsing midway.
- Sorry folks, but if you were thinking of bring the family dog to join in the running festivities, think again. Pets are not allowed. Also leave the kids’ bikes, scooters, rollerblades and anything else on wheels at home. Oh, and the drone you got last Christmas is banned as well.
- For your own safety purposes and for those around you, event organisers discourage the use of portable music devices like iPods or MP3 players.
- By writing your emergency details on the back of your bib, in the case of an accident, race organisers will be able to contact your next of kin easily.
- Slip, slop and slap prior to the race event. The weather has been spectacular over these last couple of weeks due to the unseasonably warm winter, so if you don’t protect your skin and wear a hat, you will get burnt and possibly end up with sun or heat stroke.
- There’s no warming up in the start-up line unless you are a preferred or seeded runner. If you don’t know what either of these are, you’re probably not one. Generally, these are elite and international athletes who have shown potential to compete at a high standard.For any other questions check out the official website FAQs